There is so much to see at Ellisland Farm, so please allow at least an hour for a short visit and two to three hours for a full visit.
What to see and do
- Start your visit with watching our short film and then wander through the life of Robert and Jean in our Granary Museum.
- Visit Jean Armour’s kitchen and find out about the daily routines of the Burns family and life in the late 18th century.
- Soak up the atmosphere in Robert’s private sitting room or spence. It is virtually unchanged since he left and today houses many treasures belonging to the poet.
- Explore the farm buildings dating from the Burns’ family time.
- Wander the banks of the River Nith that Burns loved and found so inspirational.
Opening Hours Jan 7th to Nov 30th
Monday to Saturday
10am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm
Sunday 2pm – 5pm
October – March closed Sundays and Mondays
Adults – £5.00
Concessions/groups of 10 – £4.00
Children under 16 – Free
Friends of Ellisland Members – Free
Free of charge school and educational visits
Ellisland Farm welcomes pre-booked school parties of all ages. Our Curriculum for Excellence schools program is an ideal introduction to the poetry and life of Robert Burns. Our programs also include life in days gone by and nature based content.
To obtain our schools pack and to discuss your schools visit then please contact us.